This is my first posting for #Feereviews and here we will cover just about every product I’ve tried (and I dah try banyak tau hehe!). To make it feel more Malaysian, we will be using Manglish throughout so let’s go
What is it: This is a lightweight acidic foaming gel cleanser formulated with AHA & BHA. It works to gently exfoliate the skin whilst keeping the skin well hydrated and soothed with allantoin and Aloe Vera.
- ZarZou Daily Deep Cleanser: RM39
- Texture & Colour: Cloud gel consistency
- What it claims (AHA)
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Fades Hyperpigmentation
- Fight acne
- Brightens and smooths complexion
- Reduce mild acne
- Soothe inflammation
- Increasing the penetration and effectiveness of other products
- What it claims (BHA)
- Reduce inflammation and redness
- Reduce acne by exfoliation dead skin cells
- Gives skin brighter and even complexion.
- Reduce moderate acne
- What it claims (Allantoin)
- Help soothe injured and inflamed skin cells.
- Keeps skin moisturized and prevents dryness and irritation.
- Prevent water loss which keeps the skin looking plump and youthful.
- Promotes cell growth which improves skin dullness.
- Aloe Vera Extract
- Provide superior soothing and cooling relief to inflammation and redness
- Instantly hydrate skin
- Wake up tired skin
- Restore skin elasticity and reduce appearance of fine lines
- Skin type: Dry skin with a history of eczema
Okay, honest review.
I’ve heard of this brand for years and personally have downed 4-5 bottles of their famous serum “Brightening & Hydrating Serum (BHS)” THAT is heaven in a bottle. I’ll try to make a review on that one soon!. So, when they came out with a cleanser, AN ACTIVE-INGREDIENT-BASED-CLEANSER… I was sold on the spot.
Since I have very dry skin I agak nervous jugakla sebab takut drying kan and I’m a beginner jugakla in the acid family so takut purge sebab has ingredients that can accelerate cell turnover (purging). TAPI alhamdulillah I didn’t purge nor experience any kind of purging at all!! It says that this cleanser can be used every day and I did and STILL IT IS SOOO GOOD! It doesn’t strip my skin at all! My skin has non-severe tiny bumps in between my brows and though they are not 100% gone, they have significantly lessened after around 2-3 weeks of use!
- 100000% Recommended! I’ve done a before & after of this cleanser on TikTok which you can watch here:
Summary of first impression:
Texture: It has a gel consistency but lathers up to a soft foam once you emulsify before applying on your face during cleansing
Scent: Doesn’t smell like anything- just how I like it! (kadang-kadang tu bau strawberry la bau orange la seram noks)
Feel of skin after cleansing: GREAT! Did not feel tight and dry at all! It made my skin feel a lot more hydrated & bouncy!
Would you recommend: YES! but if you have dry skin, try to switch up this cleanser with a hydrating cleanser sekali-sekala sebab it may be drying for you! Better pakai time malam because this is a powerful cleanser so it’s perfect for a deep cleanse after a long day at work/class/travelling/etc. Bila kulit you dah adjust, baru try pakai hari hari & see how it works for you!
PS: REMEMBER TO APPLY & REAPPLY SUNSCREEN!
Where to shop?
Let me know if you’ve tried it and how it worked for you!
Iman LFeera Azhar is a content writer under Headliner by Newswav, a programme where content creators get to tell their unique stories through articles and at the same time monetize their content within the Newswav app.
Register at headliner.newswav.com to become one of our content writers now!
*The views expressed are those of the author. If you have any questions about the content, copyright or other issues of the work, please contact Newswav.