Updated: 21st June 2021
For the purpose of this T&C, the term(s):
- “we,” “us,”, “our” and “Company” refer to Newswav Sdn. Bhd
- “Site” refers to the Company’s website, which can be accessed at www.headliner.newswav.com
- “You” and “Individual(s)” refer to you, who is a content creator under the Headliner programme
- “Programme” refers to the Headliner by Newswav programme
- “Content” refers to the content, materials and information, including but not limited to texts, audio recordings, photographs or images, videos, documents or other materials that you create, send, submit, upload, publish, display, link or customize, store or transmit in connection with the Programme.
- The following Individuals will NOT be eligible:
- Those who are not able to form legally binding contracts;
- Those who are under the age of 18; or
- Those who do not hold a valid email address.
- Individuals who are not eligible can submit an email to [email protected] for review. Approval will be subjected to a case by case basis.
- All Individual accounts are associated with the respective Individuals. The Individual associated with the account will be held responsible for all actions taken by the account, without limitation.
- The Company may, at our absolute discretion, refuse to register any person or entity as a part of the Programme.
- You must not use the Site in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Site or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the Company or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use the Site to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any materials which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
- The minimum word count for each article is 500 words for English, Malay, and Mandarin.
- Articles must not be vaguely written. Any facts included in the articles must be researched beforehand and to be of truth.
- Any Content produced by the Individual shall belong to the Company and shall be the Company’s absolute property and the Company reserves all rights to use the Content in any manner in which the Company chooses.
- Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or the Company or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
- The Company reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to us, or stored on the servers of the Company, or hosted or published upon our Site.
- The Company reserves the right to reject any of your content at the discretion of the Company, at any time.
Payment and Compensation
- For every approved article, the individual will be incentivised from the ads appearing within the article in the Newswav app.
- The incentive is being calculated using eCPM multiplied by the Impressions, where eCPM is the effective cost per 1,000 impressions and Impressions are the total number of times an ad is shown.
- Individuals can request for the latest accumulated incentives by writing to [email protected] and our team will get back to you within 3 working days.
- Individuals can cash out their incentives anytime by sending a request to [email protected], subject to a minimum threshold of RM500.00.
- Upon receiving the cash out request, the Company will transfer the Payment to the Individual’s bank account within 15 working days.
- For Malaysians: the Individual hereby agrees to provide the Company their bank account details and/or any relevant information for payment reconciliation purposes.
- For Non-Malaysians: the Individual hereby agrees to provide the Company their Paypal details and/or any relevant information for payment reconciliation purposes. Payment will only be made in Ringgit Malaysia.
Legal Terms & Conditions
- This agreement may in whole or in part be amended by the Company at any given time. Modifications to this agreement will be notified in writing via emails to the parties involved.
- The Company shall not be liable to the Individual nor shall the Individual have any claim against the Company in respect of any disputes, claims, costs, losses or damages incurred by the Individual. The Individual shall indemnify and keep the Company indemnified against all claims, damages, actions and proceedings made or brought against the Company arising from the involvement in this Programme and/or any breach of terms in relation thereto by the Individual.
- The Company gives no authorization to any representatives to represent the Company for and on behalf, without the written consent from the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to seek all remedies available legally for violations of these terms and conditions.
- This terms & conditions shall supersede all prior understandings, agreements and discussions, whether oral or written, between the parties concerning this subject matter. In the event of any inconsistencies between the terms and conditions and the prior understandings, agreements and discussions, whether oral or written, between the parties, these terms & conditions shall prevail. The Company has not relied upon any promises, representations, warranties, agreements, covenants or undertakings, other than those expressly set forth or referred to herein.